A task a day, grow your business 5 ways
Sat, Nov 5 2011 06:11
People often tell me, If I just had a list of things I could do each week to grow my business….
Here are 5 things you can do next week (do one a day, or a couple every few days).
By Friday you will have accomplished 5 tasks that will help move you forward!
1) Do something that excites you
2) Do something that terrifies you- The best way to grow, is to stretch past where your comfortable.
3) Keep in touch w/ colleagues, USE your social media and actually schedule time to go enjoy a beverage, or a meal and get “caught up”.
*The person you spoke to yesterday will be the one that recommends you for a gig, or introduces you to a important contact.
4) Go out, and meet 5 new people each week- Find out what people do, there are a lot of people looking for work, do you have a opportunity to give someone work? OR can your special skills help someone else out, Trades go a long way!
5) Write or finish that song, poem, spoken word that you have been working on.
Looking for a topic? Write about something you are thankful for... It's that time of year, and a great reminder for everyone!
Post a link to your new song, poem or spoken word in the comment section below.
You have just introduced your work to a new audience! AND you have taken a moment to give thanks during some very challenging times, which is a much more productive use of your time.
Need help creating a music marketing plan or simply have questions on managing your music business strategy?
Tamra Engle is a independent music business strategist based in the S.F. bay area. She is available for private consultations to help you develop your independent music business, You can read more about her at www.tamraengle.com you can email her at email@example.com